Looking to use your skills with a rapidly growing industry leader? RightSpace Storage is seeking highly motivated and talented candidates to join our Management Team, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Who we are:
RightSpace Storage is professionally managed by Optivest Properties, an industry leader and one of the storage industry’s most successful operators, specializing in self storage real estate, property management, image branding, and acquisitions. Currently managing over 85 facilities nationwide, Optivest Properties is one of the largest operators in the country and has been listed in the Top 20 Storage Operators for the past 3 years. Optivest Properties is an affiliate of National Storage Affiliates (NSA), a publicly traded REIT (real estate investment trust).
What you’ll be doing:
- Assume responsibility for the success of multiple storage facilities in the Albuquerque Area
- Continuously drive the business by analyzing key financial data, monitoring operating procedures, and identifying business trends and opportunities
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Support the overall marketing efforts and offer input and suggestions as to promotions and advertising efforts
- Become highly engaged in site visits, and with diverse staff
- Train, assign tasks and direct work; participate in hiring and performance management
- Develop property managers by providing clear, motivating, and constructive performance feedback in a timely manner
- Maintain a clear line of communication with the Executive Team regarding policy, procedure, and HR related issues
- Facilitate site capital improvements or repairs, develop job specifications, bid acquisitions, contract developments and negotiations
- Monitor maintenance activities to ensure tenant request and preventive maintenance programs are on track.
- Address tenant issues and resolve problems
- This position involves approximately 50% travel
What you need to bring with you:
- A four year degree or equivalent related experience
- Four year degree in Business, Management or Marketing preferred.
- 2+ years of management experience including supervisory responsibilities
- Strategic thinking and the ability to see the big picture
- Strong operational acumen
- Project management and organizational skills
- Team management and leadership skills
- Superior interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees, customers, and corporate management
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and use creativity and sound judgment to solve problems
- Top-notch communications skills: written, verbal and negotiation
- Ability to represent Optivest Properties with a professional and positive image
- Bonus points if you are bilingual (English/Spanish)
A Video Interview is part of our evaluation process for all applicants.
When your application is submitted, you may receive text updates regarding your application status. Message and data rates may apply. For additional information, text HELP to 949-518-1615. You may opt out at any time by texting STOP to 949-518-1615.
RightSpace Storage and Optivest Properties, LLC are committed to equal employment opportunity. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with applicable law(s).